Topics for this on-demand course cover cardiovascular issues, two hours devoted to Florida law requirements*, integrative medicine, orthopedics and so much more! Below is the complete topic list and the speakers:
- Cushing’s Syndrome for a Primary Care Perspective – Nicole Temofonte, D.O.
- Atypical Presentations in Geriatrics – James Lin, D.O.
- Top 5 Outpatient Musculoskeletal Complaints – Christopher Rial, D.O.
- Update on Healthcare Fraud & Abuse Laws & Enforcement Activities* – Richard Ferretti, J.D. and Aaron Susmarski, J.D.
- Signs of Detection: Colorectal Cancer and Screening – Brian Viviano, D.O.
- Cardiovascular Screening of Athletes Before They Take The Field – Carmine D’Amico, D.O.
- Recognizing and Treating the Non-Motor Symptoms of Parkinson Disease – Bridget Keller, M.D.
- Effective Communication: Key to Safe, Patient Centered Healthcare Delivery and Cost Savings – Tim Novak, D.B.A.
- Harassment Prevention and Mitigation in The Healthcare Workplace Plus Other Tales of Horror* – Richard Ferretti, J.D. and Aaron Susmarski, J.D.
- Hip Fractures and Treatment – Anthony Ferretti, D.O.
- Delirium and Dementia Guideline Updates – James Lin, D.O.
- Managing Atrial Fibrillation – Carmine D’Amico, D.O.
- Heartburn and Barrett’s Esophagus – Brian Viviano, D.O.
- When Your Patient is on Antithyroid Drugs – Nicole Temofonte, D.O.
- Much More Than Just A Sports Physical – Christopher Rial, D.O.
- Approach to Peripheral Neuropathy – Bridget Keller, M.D.
- Review of Urologic Cancers – Lori Dulabon, D.O.
- Knee Arthritis – Anthony Ferretti, D.O.
- Patient Safety and Treatment Efficacy Enhanced by Advanced Directives – Tim Novak, D.B.A.
- Androgen Deficiency and Sexual Dysfunction – Lori Dulabon, D.O.
LECOM clinical faculty will present these topics from the perspective of a primary care physician. The objective of this on-demand course is to provide physicians with information about new medical advancements in order to increase the scope of treatment options available to primary care physicians and to enhance the physicians’ existing knowledge of topics that will be covered.
After successful completion of this course, credits will be uploaded to the AOA and a certificate of completion will be emailed.